Wednesday, March 4, 2015

No-Sew Boho Curtains!

This week I'm sharing with you how to make these NO-SEW Boho Curtains. Every time I pass a street vendor, I grab tons of faux pashmina scarves. You can get them almost anywhere for $5 to $10 dollars. Years ago I used them full length to make curtains for my living room with small clips. Now I'm using them in my bathroom with a contrasting border and I put them all together with E-6000 Stitchless Iron-On Glue....I t was easy and they look amazing!

 I couldn't decide on the colors so I made them in green and teal.
I'm settling on the oranges and purples! Much more my style.
Watch the short video tutorial here!
YOU'LL NEED
Pashmina scarf (I like the ones with fringe)
Iron
E-6000 Stitchless Iron-On Glue
Scissors
Masking tape
1/2" yard of matching cotton fabric
 Cut each side of the scarf 3 1/2" less than the measurement of your finished curtains
*Example: If your curtain length is 34" then cut the scarf 30 1/2" long
Cut the two pieces of matching cotton that are 9" long and 1" wider than the width of your scarf
Press 1/2" on each of the 9" sides of your cotton fabric
Seal them down with E-6000 Stitchless and press until the moisture is gone 
 Flip the cotton over to the finished side
Add masking tape 1/2" along one edge
Add E-6000 Stitchless along the masking tape and smoosh it along the tape with your fingers
Place the cotton on the face of the scarf panel
Match the raw edges and iron until the glue evaporates
Flip up the cotton piece and iron along the "seam"
Fold the other edge 1/2" in and iron
Add E-6000 Stitchless along the fold
Fold down on to the first press seam and iron
This will create your tunnel and finish the curtain in the back
Repeat on the other curtain, hang and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment